If the sky is the limit…
GBCHC has big goals and ideas… more than we can tackle, in fact. Below is a list of areas we would like to explore but do not have the staff and capacity to manage. If there is a project you are interested in or if you have skills that would benefit GBCHC, we would love to have your support in reaching our potential. The list below is not comprehensive; if you would like to suggest a project, we’re all ears…
GBCHC has opportunities for individuals with skills in:
· Business administration
· Public health
· Social Science
· Public Relations
· Graphic design; visual arts for business
· Program design and implementation
· Community action
· Many others….
· What does social science research reveal about group investment and penetrating difficult-to-reach communities?
· How do different population segments respond to marketing including what are the most effective and best/most effective practices?
Questions to answer
· How can GBCHC better quantify our services and assign a value to them?
· How can GBCHC quantify our social impact?
· Needs analysis of the community: what clinics are in the area? What services are not offered that would be most needed?
· Can GBCHC access 340b pricing available to hospitals?
· Can GBCHC be a drug disposal site?
· Locate new grant opportunities for GBCHC
· Investigate other non profit websites to learn about their donors
· Create an in-house referral system for services available in the community, compile local resources for patients and determine how to provide access to them via GBCHC
· Follow up with GBCHC patients to find out if they were able to access those resources
· Table staffed by interns to refer to service—have them follow up (e.g. constituent services)
· Analyze the GBCHC-JDC merger to determine how to best utilize mutual resources
· Tracking and logging of donations
· Keep log of value of donated and purchased items.
· Donor database management and program implementation: annual giving, donor level analysis, donor list evaluation (drop-off) and benchmarking
· Investigate effective donor management programs used by other organizations
· What donor recognition programs are successful and appropriate for GBCHC
· Evaluation of GBCHC donor relations
Create Fundraising Programs
· Alternative Christmas Gifts
· Giving Tuesday
· Translation of patient documents into other languages
· Managing patients with low literacy skills
· Can we improve?
· Are there best practices?
· What forms of communication work best for our patients?
· Can GBCHC utilize text messaging
· Capturing the patient experience through photos, video and testimonials
· Determine how GBCHC can capitalize on the waiting room experience
· Create an effective cancelation list/procedure for dental clinic
· Locate pro-bono/free supplemental health services such as eye exams, glasses and x-rays
· Add STI testing, radiology, and dermatology to GBCHC services
· Create and maintain a community calendar of events
· Create a list of labor groups for industries that might utilize GBCHC services
How can GBCHC improve community relations?
· Start a community advisory board
· Are there labor/industry/professional groups GBCHC can partner with to offer services
· Improve library partnerships
· Create annual marketing plan integrating different types of marketing
· What are the best practices for marketing on a budget
· Create a plan for utilizing a digital sign
· Ensure that GBCHC is adequately represented on our partner’s website
· Explore options for utilizing car advertising
· Donated items for dreamcruise, EWM, roadkill nights etc.
Clinic Programing Ideas
· Walking group
· Support group(s)
· Art therapy/coloring contest?
· Animal Assisted Therapy
· Recycling program
· Mindfulness workshop
· Weight loss contest or program
· Community events
· Food distribution management
· Family fair
· Dream Cruise/Road kill event for GBCHC
o Activities to participate in during these events (facepainting, animal balloons etc.)
· Establish relations with MI Concourse for their events
· Events in our parking lot
· Men’s health fair
· Online contests—what works, what can we replicate, volunteer contest social media friendly contests/challenges
· Start recycling GBCHC
· Kids’ coloring contest/ Adult coloring contest
· OTC dispensary day
· Therapy and mental health day (to include massage, coloring, AAT, etc. )
· Facebook live classes or videos
· Place blessings boxes throughout the community, volunteers will manage and stock it